Replies

Network Labeling Techniques

xtam1
Level 1
Level 1

Network Labeling Techniques

-----------------------------------------

Hi All,

I’m really confused as I start reading about the Network labeling techniques for large and scalable network that serve both Data and Voice, I went through the ANSI/TIA/EIA 606-A standard but it seems for me that it’s too complicated. So as I know most of the people here in the forum are working in large networks and they might help me through this or can send me links for whitepapers regarding this issue [Telecommunication Cables Labeling Schema]..

Waiting for replies..

Thanks..

--

Tamer Bayomy

2 Replies 2

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

Hai,

I think you can get good information about network cabling by studying a "Structured Cabling" book. There are many vendors which offer structured cabling solutions.

For network cabling, I find the following page to be good enough and very simple;

http://www.scd.ucar.edu/nets/presentations/labels/

Thanks Wong for your reply, i guess it's a good link also i would like to point that the ANSI/TIA/EIA 606-A is a great resource for that issue as it covers all the Telecommunications System Labeling Administration and it's much much easier than the ANSI/TIA/EIA 606, anyway i start reading the 606-A standard..

Thanks..

Eng.Tamer Bayomy