cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Speed

kgbsd
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a setup. Wondering what kind of speed I should see end to end (estimate).

P4 2.4 Server-100MB>>2950-100MB>>converto to fiber>>Telco 2950-100MB>>2691 Router-100MB>>2924-100MB>>Workstation-100MB

I'm only getting about 1MB sec.. Should it be more? I think so, but what do you think?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

burleyman
Level 8
Level 8

This sounds like a duplex mismatch. Make sure all speed and duplex settings are set the same. I would hard code the speed and duplex if at all possible.

Cheers!

Burleyman

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

t.baranski
Level 4
Level 4

It should certainly be more. Have you checked to make sure that all server/switch ports in your charge are running at 100Mbit/full-duplex? What are you doing to test the bandwidth? Have you tried a program specifically meant to test bandwidth such as TTCP?

burleyman
Level 8
Level 8

This sounds like a duplex mismatch. Make sure all speed and duplex settings are set the same. I would hard code the speed and duplex if at all possible.

Cheers!

Burleyman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: