Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

New IOS Image on 3640

Our 3640 router had only 8Mb flash, so we purchased a 16Mb flash card to hold the new IOS image (C3640-IS-M), Version 12.2(16). Partitioned the flash with 2 partitions Par1-12Mb Par2 -4Mb. I configured the router to boot from the flash card, and reloaded. The router reloaded with 1 message I haven't seen before:

no service single-slot-reload-enable

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

which I thought might have to do with my config statement which is:

boot system flash slot0:1:c3640-is-mz.122-16.bin

The router comes up fine with thar exception, but now I've noticed besides that message that there are additional lines added to my config. I was wondering if the IOS added these lines or what. The additional lines are:

call rsvp-sync

partition slot0: 2 12 4

serial restart-delay 0 (on my serial lines)

dial-peer cor custom

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: New IOS Image on 3640

the no service single-slot-reload-enable is the SLCR feature for 7500 series routers. This might just be default in your new config when the router came up. I would think, after you save config, and reload again this would not occur again.

This is due to your partitions on your SLOT0

partition slot0: 2 12 4

This is default for your IOS

serial restart-delay 0 (on my serial lines)

The call rsvp-sync command is enabled by default.

call rsvp-sync

Here's a link on the dial-peer cor custom. It does not say it's enabled by default so I cannot say weather IOS put this in your config or not. If you did not then I would say it's a good assumption that IOS did.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_command_reference_chapter09186a008008000e.html#1079228

Any of these can be removed from your config with a "no".

Hope this helps you,

Don

Silver

Re: New IOS Image on 3640

It should be the IOS adding the commands, atleast I know for sure that

call rsvp-sync

dial-peer cor custom

are added by the IOS be default.

Regarding the first message, the single-slot-reload-enable is a feature of the 7500 series routers, not 3600, so you are getting the error message while the router reloads and reads the config file. Remove the command from the config. See this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_command_reference_chapter09186a008010f99b.html#1058031

Views
Helpful
Replies