Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

New to this - bridging question

I have two 1600R Routers that I need to bridge. currently in the test setup i have them connected S0<->S0 with a DCE/DTE crossover cable. E0 on one router is connected to the network and E0 on the other is connected to a PC (via a switch). my goal here is to get the routers to bridge and then introduce some encryption hardware and fiber modems in between the S0's to bridge an encryped network between two buildings.

I have the current setup on both routers:

no ip routing

int e0

bridge group 1

int s0 bridge group 1

bridge 1 protocol ieee

(i gleened this from other reading here - thanks!)

but i still cannot reach the main network with the PC.

i know i am missing something here - i just don't know what it is. can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: New to this - bridging question

Check to see the STP states of your 1600s and the switch. Are they in the forwarding state. You can check using show spanning-tree command.

Also try,

bridge 1 bridge ip command.

4 REPLIES

Are the two networks (each building) in two diff subnets ? What have you set as default gateway on each PC on each building?

they are on the same subnet. the gateway for both sides of the bridge is a 2501 that is on one side if the bridge. the pc that is remote cannot see the lan on the other side.

Check to see the STP states of your 1600s and the switch. Are they in the forwarding state. You can check using show spanning-tree command.

Also try,

bridge 1 bridge ip command.

epiphany - bridgeing ip at the onset would have helped - thank you!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content