cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Newbie help: quick question

kgeil1971
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently taking an intro to networking class, and need affirmation on a particular project. I'm setting up a small business network with 18 workseations, 2 servers, and 2 high speed laser printers. The incoming Wan Link is a T1 line, CSU/DSU is already provided. My plan is to use a Cisco 2800 series router with a Cisco 2 port RJ48 WAN interface card. Would this be an acceptable setup?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

2 Replies 2

amit-singh
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Kevin,

If ISP has provided CSU/DSU, what type of output they are giving to you for your router. generally ISP gives v.35 output from CSU/DSU and you might need WIC-IT or WIC-2T with Smart serial cable option.

If you hav a T1 port with built-in CSU/DSU then you can connect the line directly to RJ48 Wan interface card. Set up is OK just check the router connecitivty part.

HTH,

-amit singh

stomasko
Level 4
Level 4

If the CSU/DSU is already provided you will want a WIC-1T or WIC-2T serial port card with the correct cable.

If the CSU/DSU is not provided then the WIC-1DSU-T1 or 2 port version is the one you want.

Hope that helps.

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: