cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Newbie Question 1600/1601 Router Save Configuration

spencer.baker
Level 1
Level 1

First time configuring 1600/1601 router. When I completed by configurations from the prompted questions I answer yes to, is the setting I want to use. The problem is when I loose power my router does not hold the settings. I've saved my running configuration to my start up configuration and turned the router off utilizing the toggle switch in the back. Router reboots and settings are saved however, when I unplug the router from the wall I lose all my settings. Is there any way I can save my settings in the event unplug the router from the wall.

Thanks

Dave

4 Replies 4

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is your config-register? Make sure it's 0x2102. Paste the output of "sh ver". Also make sure you do a "write mem" each time you make a config change and want to save it

spencer.baker
Level 1
Level 1

prkrishn,

I will get that info "sh ver" for you tommorrow. Question, is typing "write mem" the correct way to save the config as oppose to "copy running-config startup-config". If I type to "copy running-config startup-config" it does save the config when I turn the router off per the toggle switch in the back, however if I want to mail this router out I would have to unplug it from the outlet. Utilizing the "copy running-config startup-config" I can not seem to get the config to save if I unplug it from the wall. Is "write mem" my fix?

Thanks

Dave

copy running-config startup-config and write mem are the same. Paste the output of sh ver once you get it

spencer.baker
Level 1
Level 1

"sh ver" displays 0x2102

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: