Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Nexus 5672 Infrastructure - ASIC - UPC

Hi Community,

Can anyone tell me, how many ASICs (UPCs) a NEXUS 5672P have and which Ports belongs to one ASIC? I don't find much information about that.

Thanks,

Hugo

Everyone's tags (4)
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi, i can provide you with

Hi, i can provide you with the following info at my best;

Cisco Nexus 5500 Series with QSFP+ GEM

The QSFP+ GEM (N55-M4Q) is a generic expansion module (GEM) that provides 16x10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ in a 4 x QSFP+ form factor. This module does not support native 40 Gigabit Ethernet on the QSFP+ port. This module is supported on all Cisco Nexus 5500 chassis (Cisco Nexus 5548P, Cisco Nexus 5548UP, Cisco Nexus 5596UP, and Cisco Nexus 5596T). This module is suitable for any expansion slot on the Cisco Nexus 5500 Series and you can populate all the expansion slots on the Cisco Nexus 5596 chassis with N55-M4Qs. There is no additional configuration needed to specify the operation mode of the QSFP+ ports because all the ports only operate in 4 x10 Gigabit Ethernet mode. The numbering of the ports uses the following convention(see Figure 2-2):

interface ethernet [chassis_ID/] slot/ QSFP_port [/.subintf_ port-no]

Note The argument, chassis_ID, is not optional when addressing the host interfaces of a Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extender.

Figure 2-2 QSFP+ Slot Number on N55-M4Q Module

Cisco Nexus 5672UP Switch: The Cisco Nexus 5672UP (Figure 1) is a 1RU 10 and 40 Gigabit Ethernet switch offering wire-speed performance for up to seventy-two 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports (using Quad Small Form-Factor Pluggable [QSFP] breakout cables). Cisco Nexus 5672UP Switches are Layer 2 and 3 non-blocking 10 and 40 Gigabit Ethernet and FCoE-capable switches with up to 1.44 terabits per second (Tbps) of internal bandwidth. The Cisco Nexus 5672UP offers 48 fixed 1 Gigabit and 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports of which 16 ports can be unified ports (UP). The 16 unified ports provide 8/4/2-Gbps Fibre Channel as well as 10 Gigabit Ethernet and FCoE connectivity options. The Cisco Nexus 5672UP also offers 6 ports of 40 Gbps using QSFP transceivers for Ethernet and FCoE support. The Cisco Nexus 5672UP has three fan modules and two power supplies. The Cisco Nexus 5672UP is VXLAN ready, with VXLAN support in bridging and routing modes, on all ports at line rate, enabling the migration of virtual machines between servers across Layer 3 networks.

Figure 1. Cisco Nexus 5672UP Switch (Port View)

The Cisco Nexus 5672UP platform is constructed with the components shown in Figure 2 below. The Cisco Nexus 5672UP has two 1+1 redundant, hot-swappable power supplies and three, hot-swappable independent fans with support for 2+1 redundancy.

Figure 2. Cisco Nexus 5672UP Switch Front View

The Cisco Nexus 5672UP supports both Front-to-rear and reversible airflow options for flexible mounting

Thanks you, but this is not

Thanks you, but this is not what I'm searching for.

I'm searching for a data plane and control plane architecture for NX5600. I found one for NX5500, but this is different to NX5600, I guess.

Figure 6. Cisco Nexus 5548P Data Plane and Control Plane Architecture

/Hugo

Found the information I

Found the information I needed at CiscoLive.

On NX, you can use the command "show platform fwm info asic-info all". NX 5672 has 7 Ascis, one for supervisor, four for 48 10G-ports and two for 6 40G-ports.

Thanks

/Hugo

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content