Views
Helpful
Replies

nGenius RTM 1.3 problem with secured user

g.tresselt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to install RTM 1.3 on Win2K SP2. During the inst an error message occurs "cannot create secured user". Nonetheless, a user ngenius is created. But the nGenius service cannot start due to a "logon failure" according to Windows event viewer.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

Thanks

Georg

8 Replies 8

antonio.pedro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Georg...

Have you tried to install the Jre 1.3.1 or 1.4 or above... I believe that previous versions have some problems with logging/authenticating users...

well I hope this helps

Antonio Pedro

Hi Antonio,

I'm using JRE 1.3.1

Cheers

Georg

You can do the installation again,

Try to uninstall the product (RTM),

In previous releases the Users where created by the user and not by the Software, try looking into the Pre-requisistes and see how it is done,

See If the Software pre-requisites include the win2k with sp2, I don't believe so... the CW2000 4th Edition only goes till the sp1... Cisco will not give support without the pre-requisites.

See If you have Administrator permissions on the Machine, on Windows Directory and System32, and change the permissions of Java do the Minimal accept all cookies and enable everything on IE Options Panel.

I doubt you have any trouble installing RTM...

You Can also install Jre 1.4, do this before you reinstall the product (RTM)...

P.S. You can find the Docs inside the CD.

If you only get a Java error while launching the Ngenious with http://:8080, disregard what I said, just click "NO" on the first window and "Grant Allways" (to grant Java permissions) on the second window (this happens on Jre 1.3.1 not on Jre 1.4 the message window is different), this is not an "error" its just a java permissions warning...

Hope This helps you...

Best Regards

Antonio Pedro Santos

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for your suggestions. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times. In fact, the user is created but something seems to be missing. I even added it to the Administrators group, but it didn't help.

Win2K SP2 is supported according to the RTM inst guide that comes with CW2K, and I definitivly did the installation as Administrator. Nothing else is installed on the machine, not even CW2K, as Cisco recommends running RTM on a separate server.

I will try JRE 1.4

Thanks

Georg

If you have a Compaq Server (Uninstall the Insight Manager)...

P.S.: give me more info... Oh... Look on the Notes I've Posted... Added some more info...

You can try looking into w2k Security Policies on Control Panel...

If Nothing works format the PC install W2k then the Sp2 then the RTM, and only then the CW2000

P.S.: don't forget the pre-requisites IE 5.5 with VM (Virtual Machine), and put in the JRE 1.4

If Nothing works open a Case on Cisco, because I'm out of ideas

Thats It

Antonio Pedro Santos

JRE 1.4 is not supported with RTM 1.3. Also, did you installed RTM as Administrator local to the server?

Yes, I did so as local administrator.

I somehow think having read that certain startup parameters are necessary for nGeniusService.exe to run be started as a service. But I can't find anymore where I might have read that. What about running versions of RTM? Are there startup parameters configured in Control Panel -> Services? In my case, there aren't any.

If none of the RTM processes are running in the Task Manager, then this is not a good sign. What if you Stop and then Start nGenius Server?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: