Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ngenius traffic monitor

I am starting with ngenius traffic monitor software, but i can't recive any information about the interfaces of my router Cisco 3600, so i don't know

what have i configure in my router. Because i added one probe with the information of my router and the ngenius server detected all the interfaces PPP of the router , but i can't view any information about them, like traffic in data link layer, traffic on application layer, etc.

tanks for your help

labdl

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: ngenius traffic monitor

nGenius is for Probes/NAM/Switches and not routers. In order to monitor routers data, you must have a WAN probe pgysically connected to the router via a tap. The probe must then be added in RTM to collect data. You cannot add a router directly in RTM.

As I know the only router supporting RMON is Cisco2500. nGenius only works on RMON MIB, though it doesn´t work with routers. It will work fine with Catalyst or with dedicated RMON probes.

Bernd

Other than dedicated WAN probes, the only other way to see L3/L4 data from a router is to make your probe (Netscout) a Netflow collector. The NetScout probe converts(ruffly) the export data into RMON2 data. I have done this w/nGenius 1.4(RTM) and this probe and it works pretty good.

***** Cisco SwitchProbe Model fe-hd-tw V5.1.0 (Build 174) *****

Views
Helpful
Replies