Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

nic card binding

Can anyone tell me how this works, I have bound 2 cards together, how does the switch know where to send the packets to the server, does it send them out of both ports on the switch, and is this load balancing or actually doubling the speed of the card ?

2 REPLIES

Re: nic card binding

hi

You can achieve both redundancy as well as load balancing by doing this.

Also you can also avoid congestions problems with one NIC if you are using port channeling with more no NICs with different switchport.

The resultant bandwidth will be the no of ports being used in bundle,for an example if you are bundling 8 ports which is the maximum ,you can have 800Mbps full-duplex bandwidth availble..

For more details inline with the config and the load balancing do refer this link..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk213/technologies_configuration_example09186a008014edfa.shtml

regds

Re: nic card binding

on my switches I have not configured anything as yet and they seem to be working ok, will just just be load balancing then and not giving me 200 mbs etc until I configure as an etherchanel ?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content