Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NM-16ESW-1GIG module

I am trying to configure sub-interfaces on the GIG port of this particular NM. I was told when I bought this NM for my 2610, that I would be able to do this but it doesn't seem to letting me. I have the correct IOS Version (12.2(15)T8) for the NM also. The router recognizes all the ports in the NM. It won't take the normal int g1/0.1, int g1/0.2 syntax commands? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: NM-16ESW-1GIG module

If it is a pure layer-2 port, configuring sub-interfaces might not be possible. See if you can use the 'no switchport' command under the interface to make it a layer-3 routed port and try.

Re: NM-16ESW-1GIG module

well...you can issue a "no switchport mode"? Is this what you are referencing? I believe I found a way around the sub-interfaces though. I have to enable the g1/0 int on that module as a "switchport mode trunk", which allows me to trunk between that int on my router and my switch. The IOS allowed me to setup VLAN interfaces, which should suffice instead of the sub-interfaces...correct?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content