cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No BCRAN training need LOTS of help with RAS

rjshafer
Level 1
Level 1

I REALLY need help understanding what products will support ISDN and analog calls at the same time on the same box. It needs to be low cost, if possible, but extremely versatile. I need a parts list and configuration breakdowns. I am desperate - after searching the Cisco archives - to get a working configuration of a 2511RJ anything.

PLEASE HELP! TIA :7| roland

7 Replies 7

makchitale
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

The 2600 (talking about lower cost but versatile) platform will be able to do isdn as well as anaolg modem calls.

ISDN can be BRI (WIC & NM) as well PRI (NM).

Modems are the internal modems (WIC & NM) or with external modems (WIC & NM)

For sample configs:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/index.shtml

Can give part numbers for what you decide to order.

Thanks,

Mak.

Just to clarify this must be the RAS host server to analog and BRI callers. Is this what you are saying? If so, is this platform available internationally as well (Asia, Japan, Europe, Latin America, etc.)? What would the differences be for each other than cost (P/S, cabling, etc.)?

Configuration might be

1-port 10/100

8-port BRI

8-port analog

Enough DRAM (48Mb?)

Enough Flash (64Mb?)

IOS -Version 12.xx? to support all interfaces and RAS Server configuration...

Does this sound close?

Thank you again. r

Yes, this platform is available internationally, however the cards will vary depending on the regions they are installed for.

US & Japan will use the T1/PRI card & rest will use the E1/PRI card.

US & Japan will use BRI-U, others will use BRI-S/T, basically depending who provides the NT1.

The built-in analog modems (NM-AM) is used every where expect Japan & Singapore (NM-AM-J)

Hope this helps,Thanks.

Mak.

So, the BRI ports can only provide digital sevice and the analog modem only provide analog service? Can some of the isdn bandwidth serivce the analog ports but communication takes place in the internal modems? Do I require POTS lines, in otherwords, to support analog calls or can the ISDN do this; I guess there'll be two "hunt group" numbers one for analog and one for ISDN? Is it possible for me to support 8 56K isdn calls and 8 analog calls using 8 ISDN 2B+D services only?

See, told you I have LOTS of questions. :7|

Thank you again for your patience, time and help!! :7)

We will need a 3600 platform to support 1)ISDN BRI 2)Digital modems (internal).

All the calls will come in on the BRIs & depending on the bearercap will be terminated either as modem calls or isdn calls....here we will not need any POTS lines & will be using internal MICA modems & not the NM-AM modems.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/471/bri_3640.html

Thanks,

Mak.

Would this be the configuration for supporting this design:

3640 BRI Dial Bundle: 1FE2W,18DM ,8 BRI-S/T, IP IOS

NM-8B-S/T 8-Port ISDN-BRI Network Module

NM-18DM 18 Port Digital Modem Network Module

NM-1FE2W-BUN FE NM for 2600/3600 modem bundles

S364C-12105T Cisco 3640 Series IOS IP

CAB-AC Power Cord,110V

NM-BLANK-PANEL Blank Network Module Panel

UG36-8F Included 8 MB Flash for Cisco 3600 Series

MEM3600-32D-INCL 32 MB DRAM - Included in Purchase Price

Hi,

Depending on which part of the world it's going to be installed need to decide whether BRI-U or BRI-S/T.

Yes, this will allow you to terminate isdn as well as analog calls on this router.

Thanks,

Mak.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: