cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No CD light on 827H router

clevett
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to get a Cisco 827H router working for a customer that has an ADSL connection that is already working (so I know that the line is good). It was sourced from another company and only the console cable and AC adapter were supplied (no Web Setup Tool CD).

The issue is that I cannot even get the CD light to come on. I was originally working with a standard ADSL cable and from research here found that if the CD light is not on it is usually an incorrect or faulty cable.

I have purchased a lavender ADSL cable for the 827H and still get no CD light.

Is it possible that I have something wrong in my configuration that could be causing this or is the "no CD light" always a physical problem i.e. faulty cables etc.

Thank you for the support in advance.

4 Replies 4

rmcarthur
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, even with no config and atm 0 shutdown you should see CD within 10 - 20 secs of plugging the cable in. Cross pins 3 and 4 if using 6 way mmj or 2 and 3 if 4 way.

If you still have problems, from the console issue the command debug atm events and plug the cable in.

You should see the modem status change in the timescale above and get the Showtime! message.

Remember to undebug all when finished.

If your cabling is good and you're sure the line is up then you likely have a faulty router.

hth

Hi,

Thanks for that. I believe I have found the problem. The AC adapter that was supplied with the router is not the original part. According to this document http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_tech_note09186a0080093e48.shtml point 5 states that the power supply must be a specific part number. The power supply I have is a 34-1856-03.

The router will power up but train train to the DSLAM (which I think is the no CD light). I should be getting the correct AC adapter and will let you know if that was the problem.

Cheers,

Hi, my 827H uses the same PSU, 34-1856-03, with no problems. If you've tried crossing the cable pair without success it may be a DSLAM compatibility issue.

Have a look at table 1 in the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps2167/prod_brochure09186a008009215f.html

Good Luck!

Hi, thanks for that. Looks like I was looking at the 827 and not the 827H so the power supply is correct.

I have tried it with a know good working cable and still no joy. Looks like it could a DSLAM or more probably a faulty router.

I did do a debug atm events and the status doesn't change. It continually shows the following:

00:01:29: DSL: Could not send command 0x12 after 3 retries

00:01:29: DSL: Could not download ASW_init_3_6_66.bin

00:01:29: DSL: SM: [DMTDSL_DLOAD_1 -> DMTDSL_INIT]

00:01:30: DSL: SM: [DMTDSL_INIT -> DMTDSL_DLOAD_1]

00:01:30: DSL: Downloading ASW_init_3_6_66.binll

I'm not sure if that points to DSLAM or router.

Thanks once again for your repsonses

Cheers,