Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

No IP connectivity after successful dialin

I have 2610XM with NM4A/S, each of these have US Robotics modem connected. Dialin goes well, my windows 2000 client gets his IP, DNS and WINS addresses, but when I try to simply ping the router I get no reply. I tried various combinations for the address on the serial interface (including "ip unnumbered") and I settled with the manually configured one. Here is the part of the router config:

async-bootp dns-server 192.168.168.2

async-bootp nbns-server 192.168.168.1

modemcap entry usr56ext:MSC=&F1&C1&D2&H1&N0S0=1H0

interface Serial1/3

physical-layer async

ip address 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0

no ip proxy-arp

encapsulation ppp

async mode dedicated

peer default ip address pool PIJACE

ppp authentication pap callin

!

ip local pool PIJACE 192.168.0.100 192.168.0.105

======================

If someone needs more data, I'll be happy to provide it.

I really don't get it. There is no access list on that interface, no firewall on the client. I am not talking about getting pass the router (yet) - I just want the router to reply so I can continue with the rest of the setup. The final goal is to reach the internal network but for now it is of no importance since I can't even get to the router interface.

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: No IP connectivity after successful dialin

We need to see what "sh ip route" reports on 2600. Also need to see if anything went wrong during ipcp negotiations during PPP. So enable following debug

debug ppp nego

debug ppp authentication

Also try to ping from the router to dialin client. If that router is not that busy, you can enable "debug ip pack" when you ping to client and see the results.

Add the following under the serial interface

Int serial 1/3

dialer-group 1

In global config, add

dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit

After that test the dialin again.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content