Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

no ip connectivity over dialer-ppp multilink

Hi,

in a 3660 branch router we have two paths to the central site via two serial links. We want a dialer interface to act as a backup interface, when both of them fail. For this reason we configured dialer watch. Under dialer interface, we are using 4 BRIs with ppp multilink. The dialer watch feature is activated and deactivated as it is configured, but the problem is that when the channels connect to the other side there is no ip connectivity and the branch is totally lost. From the central side we can see that when the calls are made and the channels are bundled under one dialer interface, there are routes to the remote branch. But we cannot ping anything, not even the ip of the dialer interface. Also in the central side, the "show ppp multilink interface dialer x" shows too many discarded packets....

The strange thing is that we have tried the same configuration in other two branch routers, with the same IOS, and it works fine!

Can anyone help?

Thanx,

Yanna

3 REPLIES

Re: no ip connectivity over dialer-ppp multilink

Are you using "ppp authentication chap callin" under your dialer interface?? If not you using the callin command please add it.

I have seen the same problem before. I cant think of the reason why but I seem to remember a mtu problem....

Hi,

I do not have the"callin" word, but the authentication is passed and the channels are connected to the other end. Maybe I should investigate the mtu issue...

Thanx,

Yanna

Add callin to the end of the "ppp authentication chap" I sure it something to do with ppp negotation. I have had the same problem before.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content