Views
Helpful
Replies

No OSPF Routes from Neighbor after IOS update

fbe
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

We have updated on the cat6509 with MSFC2 the IOS on the MSFC from 12.1(8a)E5 to 12.1(8b)E10. After the boot of the Switch we had problems to get routing updates from the neighbor. The Status of the ospf neighbor was o.k. and also we saw the we send and receive the hello packets from this neighbor. Other OSPF neighbors on this MSFC didn't had this Problem. We had now to shutdown and no shutdown the interface to this neighbor and everything was working fine.

So thus somebody nows what this can be. I also did a search fro a BUG but didn^t get a hit.

Thanks for Your help

Kind Regards

Felix

2 Replies 2

bsivasub
Level 4
Level 4

I am assuming that your neighbour is DR/BDR for the segment and assume that adjaceny is fully established. Did you do show ip ospf database and see LSA from that neighbour or other neighbours.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/104/index.shtml

Unless you collected any critical data during the problem as to the real issue for the loss of routes, can't say much.

Hello

You are write the neighbor was BDRfor this segment and also fully established. In the database i didn't had any entrys from this neighbor but from other neighbors on the same router i didn't had any problems. The problem is now that after the shut and no shut on this interface we dont have any problems any more. This was not just happend on one cat6509 we had it on 3 different devices all of them with the same problem some neighbors was working fine and one or two not.

regards

felix