Views
Helpful
Replies

no re-connection after idle-timeout!

harry.jacobs
Level 1
Level 1

On a cisco 1003 runing IOS 12.1 (10) I have the following problem:

After a normal power-up the dialer connects as configured. After the dialer idle-timeout no connection can be made. The following massages appear when the timeout kick’s in.

Layer 2 for interface BRI0 tei 80 changed to down

Layer 2 for interface BR0 tei 80 changed to down

And with a show isdn status,

The free channel mask: 0x3

How can I solve this?

2 Replies 2

ejgonzalesiii
Level 1
Level 1

Sounds like you do not have interesting traffic defined. Interesting traffic is to not only used bring up the interface but it is also used to keep the interface up. Interesting traffic is what resets the dialer idle-timeout. Please make sure that you have interesting traffic defined using the dialer-group and dialer-list commands. If you have these difined then while the interface is up you can run the following debug to determine whether interesting traffic is hitting the interface or not.

"debug dialer packet"

Please be careful with that command because it could cause your router to lock up if there is too much traffic going across that interface.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Henry

Henry,

Thanks for your replay. I have discover in the meantime that 12.1 on the 1003 the problem is. The interesting traffic suggestion from you was correct but already in place in my configuration. Unfortunately I have to downgrade the IOS to 12.0 to make it all work again.

The new challenge will than be to make netmeeting work! Anyway thanks again.

Harry