cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Route advertising with EIGRP

giuliano
Level 1
Level 1

My routers does not share information on my wan about routes with EIGRP configured.

On 1st router with sh ip route il show me all direct and static routers correctly without learned routes for 2nd router.

On 2nd router no route are showed when i issue sh ip route (no static, no direct, ecc).

I have configured well all parameters.

The EIGRP AS was the same on both routers.

With sh ip eigrp tarffic i see router 1 sending information, none on 2nd router.

It's strange, because on 2nd router default route is configured but sh ip route does not show me this.

Why this? I'm missing somethings?

I'm use 12.2.10(a) ip plus ios version.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

bourse
Level 1
Level 1

Ciao! First thing check to see if the "show ip eigrp neighbor" shows that both routers are neighbors. If not verify the connectivity between the routers. As for no routes in the routing table, perhaps you have no up/up interfaces?

Hi.

Think of it in layers.

L1 -> Physical Connectivity. Are the cables correct.

L2 -> Do you see the neighbor w/ CDP.

L3 -> Is the addressing part of the same subnet, same subnet mask.

You shouldn't even need static routes or EIGRP to ping the opposite interface since the subnet is directly connected...it should be in the route table by default.

If you have connectivity w/out EIGRP, enable EIGRP and test some more. Make sure you don't have any distribute lists enabled.

Hope it helps.

Mike

Hi.

L1 -> OK

L2 -> I cannot see neighbor router on routers

L3 -> Yes this is ok. My serial interface are unnumbered with eth0. If i set a fixed ip address the problem was the same.

About static route, i cannot see direct route for 2nd router ethernet 0 interface. Very starnge because my e0 has a fixed ip.

If i set a fixed address on serials, i ping each other serial ip correctly.

No distrubuted lists enabled.

Can you help me more?

Thanks.

Ok let's look at this logically...

1. You have two routers connected via serial, right?

2. The serial interfaces are using ip innumbered e0/0 on each router right?

3. If you put IP addresses on the serial interfaces, the routers can ping right?

If the above three points are correct, then we can assume that the connectivity between the routers is good. On your second router, is the ethernet interface in an up/up state? If not then the route would not appear in the routing table and would likely affect the serial connection.

David.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: