Views
Helpful
Replies

No Routing Table

gkiboneka
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the situation

i have one 3620 in one office A, and another 3620 in another B, problem i can do a sh ip route on one router Aand see routing table of other router, but no routing table information on Router B, have looked at the configuration over and over again all looks fine, contacted Vendor of T1 line , they say line is okay,, any ideas

6 Replies 6

a.manosca
Level 4
Level 4

Are you using static or dynamic routing?

If you're using static, you should be able to see entries in the

routing table even if the link is down.

For dynamic routing, should you verify the correct process being run, or the same

AS number being used. For example, in EIGRP, you should be using the

same AS number for both routers.

Hi,

Check if you have ip routing disabled. Check if "no ip routing" has been entered in the configuration. If yes, you need to reenable it using "ip routing" command.

Since you are using a t1 line, check the status of your t1 interface. give a "show interface serial 0 " (use appropriate interface number) and find if the serial interface is up and the line protocol is also up.

Is the service provider, able to loop the CSU/DSU . Are you using external or internal CSU/DSU ??

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

the seril interface is up, line protocol is up, and the service provider can loop both CSU/DSU,which are internal

i am puzzled

dynamic Routing,, smae routing process, all the interface are up, line protocol up

If you are convient,you can paste the output of show ip route here .

Can you post running config of both routers and output of sh ip route of both routers?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: