Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Non-RFP traffic on 6500

We are going to implement multicast on our campus network. Planing to use PIM sparse mode. I read about the problem with non-RFP traffic for 6500/8500, we do have redundent stub network with 6500, Sup1A MSFC, hybird mode. I am quite confused by the different documents I read, I am wondering anyone can point me to the right direction on how I should handle this in my situation, using hardware ACL? Netflow rate-limit? what is the relation of non-RFP MFD of SUP-II with this? Any show commands I can use to check config and status of non-RFP traffic?

Thanks,

Yatao

3 REPLIES

Re: Non-RFP traffic on 6500

Hi Yato,

one of our customer had the same problem. And we decide with Cisco to implement the setup under the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007f1b5.html#1049755

Hope this help.

Thanks for the reply.

Did your customer see the problem before you apply the access-list? When I tested in the lab, I did see the multicast traffic were sent to the Non-RPF interface on the standby MSFC, but I didn't see any CPU spike, probably my traffic was too low to have any impact, 30pps.

Also in the following link, Cisco said from 6.2.1 onwards, system automatically apply the ACL. I am using 6.3.5, do I still have to manually apply the ACL?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/tech/tk648/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094afd.shtml#casestudy7

Thanks again,

Yatao

No, our customer didn't see any problems because we done it before activating multicast. As far as I know Non-RPF MFD is supported with Supervisor Engine 2 only.

Reg.

t.akin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content