Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
kvc
Community Member

Novell Client unable to Connect to Server in 3548 Switched Network

Hi,

I have a 3548XL switch. I have a novell Server connected to this switch and one port of the switch is connected to a Hub. A novell client is connected to this Hub. I am unable to connect to the server from the client.

I also have a Windows NT server on the same switch and an NT client on the Hub. I am able to reach the NT server from the NT Client

But when i am putting the server also onto the Hub i am able to reach the server thru the client.

Can you please tell me is there any problem in novell when the server and client are not on the same switch?

Thank you

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Novell Client unable to Connect to Server in 3548 Switched N

can you paste the output of the server interface config on the XL switch and sh int output for this interface. Also same thing for the interface connecting to the hub

kvc
Community Member

Thanks for the reply.

When i am connecting both the server aswell as the client onto the switch the client is able to communicate with the server.

When i am connecting the client to a Hub and then hub to the switch then the client is not able to connect to the server. In this case the interface connected to the server and the interface connnected to the Hub are showing as up.

Also one observation is that the client is loaded with TCP/IP stack also and i am able to ping to this PC from a computer which is connected to the switch.

Awaiting a response

Community Member

Hi,

Please include the configuration for both the server interface and the client interface (assuming that the hub is connected to the same port as the client) when it is directly connected to the switch...

Do you have 'spanning-tree portfast' configured on the port the HUB/client is attached to?

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/12.html#startup2k

Brad

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content