Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NVRAM issue

It's not quite the right forum but i didn't find a better place to post it.

I have a problem with a Cisco 3725-VPN K9 Router. It has just 56K NVRAM (i already enabled compression) but the config is getting to large for 56K. Is there any possibility to u?grade the NVRAM?

I didn't find anything on the Cisco site.

Thanks,

Andy

3 REPLIES

Re: NVRAM issue

Hi Andy,

also have a look at "Managing Configuration Files"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800ca73a.html

With Class A Flash file systems you could even store the config in flash (command: boot config ...). I have no document to quickly check availability for the 3725. I am afraid though it is only available on 7x00 and above. You could give it s try though.

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

Thanks for your comments Martin.

Actually i already thought about storing it on the flash. But since i'm not the only one who is accessing this router i was afraid that not everyone is keep on saving the run to flash.

What happens if somebody simply issues a "wr" command.

Regards,

Andy

Bronze

This may be a dumb question, but once the config is too large, won't they get an error message?

If so, you could determine if the "boot configuration slot0:" or whatever works, and if it does, turn off the configuration compression feature. Then just issuing a plain wr mem will result in an error, and hopefully a call to you. [smile] Where you can perform the necessary education...

It also occurs to me to wonder if you could alias the WR command to "copy running-config slot0:running-config" or some such. [devious grin]

Just thinking out loud,

John

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content