cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

nvram problem on catalyst 6509

joseph_samaha
Level 1
Level 1

when executing the dir nvram command i can't see the startup-config file, i can't save my config, i tried to rename the underlying-config to startup-config, i couldn't, how can i recover the startup-config to be able to save my configuration

Joseph

5 Replies 5

a.manosca
Level 4
Level 4

If you are running Native IOS, 'show startup' should display the contents of NVRAM. If you are running CatOS,

any changes you make are automatically enabled and saved.

You can use the 'write' command for the CatOS to upload your configuration to the network.

HTH.

i'm running native IOS, when making show startup, it gives error "couldn't open nvram:/startup-config file, if you make dir nvram: you can't see the startup-config file (you see only the 2 remaining files underlying-config and private), seems that the startup-config has been deleted, my question is that is there any way to recover this file to nvram cause i can't recreate it?

What happens when you do a 'copy run start'? Have you also tried using the 'write mem' command?

same problem " failed to open nvram:/startup-config file"

This is the first time I've heard of this problem. Maybe somebody else out there could provide some info.

For now, you can try saving the config first on the flash disk if you still have enough space.

And you can use the 'boot config' command to upload the configuration from the flash disk to running-config.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/12_1e/comref/chap2a.htm#68334