cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NxT1 from MCI on a 3700 Series Router

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

Does anyone have anything to say about their rollout of this? MCI is saying that the 3700 does not handle this type of circuit as well as some other products do.

3 Replies 3

t.baranski
Level 4
Level 4

I would take their word for it since they're the only major ISP that I know of pushing this technology right now. What they see in it relative to MultiLink PPP escapes me, but we're soon going to get a pair of these MultiLink FR T1's and use them with our 3640's, which seem to work fine per MCI.

Thanks for the reply. They have the pricing for this set lower than a double T which makes it a bit more attractive but I am now leaning towards just getting a double T instead of having to buy new modules or WICs. As long as I pay the double T price they will keep the Ts on the same router on their end and I can configure my 3600 to bond them togethere for a 3Mb virtual pipe. Is this waht you are doing as well?

How are you going to bond them? MultiLink PPP? I wasn't sure if MCI was doing this -- the impression I got was that they were pushing MultiLink FR (i.e., NxT1) for some reason.

You can also use CEF per-packet load balancing since the circuits will terminate on the same router at both ends.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco