Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

OID Strings for a cat4506 supII for use with MRTG

Hi all,

i am looking for OID strings for use with MRTG. i specifically want to monitor backplane utilization, cpu usage, and anything else necessary on a Catalyst 4506 with supervisor II. i searched cisco as well as the internet but was unable to find anything, is there another place to look?

my second question would be what else should i monitor that would be useful in determining overall switch performance and potential problems (in addition to the above i am monitoring port traffic for select ports, such as ports for the router and servers)?

thanks in advance

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: OID Strings for a cat4506 supII for use with MRTG

There are some relevant Best Practices White Papers at:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/126/ which you can look at. Is your SUP-II running IOS or CatOS and the version?

we didn't purchase it yet, it should be in next month, i assume it will be running catOS since the quote says

part number SC4K-SUPK9-7.4.1

description Catalyst 4K Supervisor Flash Image

i looked over the best practices for the 4000 and notice that there is an oid for cpu busy %, is this the same as the backplane. also, i will be setting the switch up as recommended for receiving traps but i also was going to monitor it with mrtg which polls every 5 min. some of the items, such as memory pool usage, recommend 30 minute polling, will polling that item every 5 cause any problems?

thanks

Blue

There are some tech tips for this at: http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/SNMP/index.html

Views
Helpful
Replies