Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

One internet connection with two seperate companys

I am trying to buy a Cisco solution that would allow me to do the following:

There is one T1 internet connection

Two seperate companys are sharing this internet connection and want security so that the other company can not access there LAN. ( Access-list )

The Telco has provided a router that does not support VLANs

The Two LANs are Ethernet and the LAN port on the Telco provided Router is Ethernet

Budget around $1500

What equipment do I need to buy to connected the Telco Router ( Which has an Ethernet port ) and the two seperate LANs ( Both Ethernet ) . Keep in mind that the Telco router does not support VLANs

2 REPLIES

Re: One internet connection with two seperate companys

the best solution is to use a PIX-firewall, but i'm not sure your budget is enough. so u can buy a router with 3 ethernet port s(for example 1720 + 2 WIC 1Ethernet).

each Lan will be connected to a port and is an IP subnet diferent from the others.

use then ACL.

Re: One internet connection with two seperate companys

I had a almost the exact scenerio.... plug a hub into the router and get two cheap pix firewalls. I think around $550 each. Then you can set up proper outside,dmz, and inside with NAT ect. Two is less complecated than one as far as the access-list go also give you better performance. Found this price on the Internet

Cisco PIX 501 10-user/3DES bundle

PIX 501 10-user/3DES bundle (chassis, latest PIX software, 10-user and 3DES licenses, integrated 4-port 10/100BASE-TX switch and 10BASE-T port)

$539.32

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content