Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

open ports

how come when I open a port, it doesn't show up in the config. But, I know the port is open because I can telnet to it fine.

And, any reason why ports 7022 7021 7031 7032 do not open?

thanks

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: open ports

Can you explain a little more about what you mean by "opening a port". Where are you configuring this, and/or where are you expecting to see this in the config?

Well, I am using the cisco pix 515 and these ports need to be open for an application my company uses to communicate on.

When I run, show config, it shows my current running config. I see all my IP addys and what ports are open (or allowed) on each IP addy. other than that, they are all closed...right?

So, I figured since I added these new ports on a specific IP, I should be able to see it in my config file like the others. please, correct me if I am wrong.

And for some reason, the other 4 that I thought I opened, are not open.

Bronze

You will probably get an answer on the security forum. Try resumitting there and give some examples of what statements you are putting in and what you pix config shows.

Thanks, I will do that. Now, after the weekend, I realized that I didn't save the config with the 'write' command! what a few hours away from the office will do for you!!

Thanks for all the help, team!!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content