In our lab we have 2 switches of the series 3500 XL and 2 GBICs (850 nm). If we connect both switches directly we can see both switches via network (ping possible). If we add an DWDM device (optical/electrical multiplexer) into the optical line to extend the distance between both switches there is no connection possible between the switches it means the leds near the GBIC's don't switch to yellow or green, they do nothing. The DWDM device works correctly with GE tester. So I think it's a startup problem. My question is: it's possible to get more information about the linkup procedure ? Which logical or other sequence is minimally necessary that both switches recognize each other.
Re: optical linkup procedure between switches 3500 XL
Thanks for answer. After further investigations I found out that both switches send an configuration sequence to find the other side. This sequences are constructed with /C1/, /C2/ configuration sequences according the GE standard. In case of transmission of these configuration sequences over our DWDM equipment this sequences will be sometimes destroyed so that the switches are not able to build up an logical link. The question is: how reacts the switch if it gets a wrong configuration sequence, maybe 1 sequence is lost or /c1/ and /C2/ don't change in the data stream in the demand order.
In summary: the described problem is not an optical one, is't a problem of configuration sequence transmission in the startup phase
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...