Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Cisco Support Community site will be in read only mode on Dec14, 2017 from 12:01am PST to 11:30am for standard maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.

ospf & 3com

I have a couple of 3660's and a couple of 3Com NB11's and the ospf between them is not working. The error message I get when I use DEBUG IP OSPF ADJ is "mismatatched authentication type input packet speiciedfied type 0 we use type 1"

Can someone explain and suggest a solution?

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: ospf & 3com

Tom,

It looks like your Cisco routers are using authentication in their OSPF packets and your 3Com routers are not. The Cisco router is expecting authentication type 1, which means simple password authentication. The 3Com is sending packets with type 0, or no authentication at all. You need to either turn OSPF authentication on the Cisco routers off, or turn authentication on, with the same password that the Ciscos are using, in the 3Com routers. I don't know anything about 3Com's OSPF authentication capabilities, but here is a link for configuring OSPF authentication in Cisco routers:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fipr_c/ipcprt2/1cfospf.htm#1001216

Good luck.

Mark

Re: ospf & 3com

By blundering around I had come to much the same conclusion but it is very helpful to get a proper explanation

Thanks

Tom Redmond

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content