Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

%OSPF-5-ADJCHG:

Dear Netpro,

i've captured the message from syslog server, does anyone encountered this before ? my concern is why the MSFC suddenly show this error message ? what is the root cause about this ? below is the message captured from syslog server.

2006-02-11 14:41:59 Local7.Info xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 566: Feb 11 13:38:06.170: %STANDBY-6-STATECHANGE: Vlan10 Group 10 state Standby -> Active

2006-02-11 14:42:22 Local7.Info xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 595: Feb 11 13:38:30.226: %STANDBY-6-STATECHANGE: Vlan10 Group 10 state Active -> Speak

2006-02-11 14:42:24 Local7.Notice xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 606: Feb 11 13:38:32.954: %OSPF-5-ADJCHG: Process 1, Nbr xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx on Vlan10 from FULL to DOWN, Neighbor Down: Dead timer expired

2006-02-11 14:42:31 Local7.Notice xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 624: Feb 11 13:38:39.842: %OSPF-5-ADJCHG: Process 1, Nbr xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx on Vlan10 from LOADING to FULL, Loading Done

your reply will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Jack

8 REPLIES
Purple

Re: %OSPF-5-ADJCHG:

Hi Jack,

What is happening is that your active HSRP router has gone down (or at least its interace to the LAN segment is no longer reachable). This results in this router now becoming the active HSRP router. Because the other router is not reachable, the OSPF relationship also goes down because OSPF Hellos are no longer been seen from it. I suggest you check the logs on the device whose address is "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" to see why it's interface is going down.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

Dear Paresh,

took your advice checking the " XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX " logs. but i got another problem, this " XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX " is OSPF ip address, i cant telnet or even ping.

when i check MSFC physically, this device is still alive and active. that's no any logs file for today.

evne Core switch has no errors logs file as well.

my concern now is WHY this MSFC suddenly switch over from Primary to Secondary, and few mins later switch over again from Secondary to Primary. it must be something wrong ?

Kindly advice and your reply will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Jack

Purple

Hi Jack,

Are there any intervening switches between the devices that could have caused the issue ? Could your describe your physical topology ? These symptoms are common in an Ethernet switched network where the ethernet links remain up but there's an open circuit in the middle somewhere.

Paresh

Hi Paresh,

i am using Cisco 6509(MSFC), and followed Cisco topology which is Core, Distribution, Access.

Regards,

Jack

Purple

Hi Jack,

What I'd like to know is which device the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx address belongs to ? Is it another MSFC ? If so, is this MSFC directly connected ?

It would help to know exactly how the devices are connected together ....

Paresh

Hi Paresh,

yes, you are right. xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx address is belongs to another MSFC, and it is directly connected. this 2 MSFC act as HSRP for redundent purpose. and from 6509 (MSFC) Connected to 6509 (Core Switch).

Regards,

Jack

Purple

And you can't ping this address from the first MSFC, right ?

It really might help to see some configs...vlan IDs etc...

Paresh

Hi Paresh,

i got the solution, problem happened in the MSFC primarry and secondary which not trunk dot1q desirable, once i enable the trunk port and backbone fast, and the problem solved.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Jack

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content