Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF Interfaces

n.strina
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am currently running a CISCO 3640 as an OSPF router on my backbone. Since Monday after one of my Fe interface went down, some routes are not announced anymore on the backbone. It's working for a while then the routes are disappering. Is there any known bug with this ?

Thanks in advance.

Nicolas

4 Replies 4

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are no issues like that for ospf. OSPF is a link-state protocol so if your Fast Eth interface is covered under ospf and if its went down, that may effect ospf routes. Now give us more detail about those routes which are keep on disappering is any way related to that fast eth interface?

Hello,

I know about the link state. The problem is that since the interface went down, every hours static routes are disappering. Dynamic routes from ospf are still announced. When ihave this problem, the interface is known as up and i have no error on it.

Static routes will go off from routing table, if the next-hop is not reachable. In your case, those static routes, which have a next-hop reachable via the fast ethernet interface will disappear, when the interface flaps. Looks like you have a interface flap issue.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hello,

The interface is not flapping. It's up all the time when the routes are deleted. It's why i am posting here. Interface is all the time up, but routes are going away. IOS is already upgraded and CISCO Europe is in touch with us but nobody can tell us where is the problem.