Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

OSPF neighbor priority command?

Hi,

I´m studying for Cisco CCIE lab exam, and I´m testing using OSPF with Frame-Relay cloud. I have tested the command "neighbor x.x.x.x priority x" under OSPF process configuration, but I don´t understand what´s your function...

I read on CCO that it is used to determine the neighbor priority, but I have tested that this priority has no function, the router-id / ospf priority of that interface that will choose the DR and BDR of this network.

Please, anyone can explain what´s and where this option "priority" can be used?

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: OSPF neighbor priority command?

This would set the neighbor priority on a nonbroadcast interface, or if you are configuring specific neighbors on an interface (which is typically only done on nonbroadcast interfaces). If you are configuring the interface as a broadcast, the priority command under the interface is used.

:-)

Russ.W

Re: OSPF neighbor priority command?

But in my tests the interface is NBMA (I can view it using show ip ospf interface), and when I configure the neighbor priority after some time when I do a show running-config I can view the priority value modified automatically.

Can you have some example to show me?

Jefferson

Views
Helpful
Replies