Views
Helpful
Replies

Ospf neighboring. Mismatch

fzink
Level 1
Level 1

All,

In an OSPF area some of the adjacences experiment issue. The problem occurs between 2 3640 linked together thanks to a switch 2950. The router display the following log and then restart the adjacence properly.

03:57:29: %OSPF-5-ADJCHG: Process 3, Nbr 192.160.255.115 on FastEthernet0/0 from FULL to EXSTART, SeqNumberMismatch

Noticed that the adjacence is actually never down therefore it receives the Hello packet. I didn't find any information about that mismatch log. Is it regarding the LSA sequence number, the neighbor ID or something else?

Thank you to provide me that information

2 Replies 2

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

The message says that the OSPF neighbor was changed state from FULL to EXSTART because of the receipt of a Database Description packet from the neighbor with an Unexpected sequence number. How often do you get this message?

I receive that message 2 or 3 times by day. Does it means that the packet are corrupted or that there are many losts which implies that the sequence number are not synchronized?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: