(1) Why is there a "neighbor priority" setting associated with "ip ospf network ptmp non-broadcast"? I thought no DR/BDR elections took place on PTMP?
(2) Why does doc CD(under OSPF commands - "IP OSPF NETWORK") say broadcast and Non-broadcast require full mesh? I thought either could be partial as long as you make the hub DR?
(3) Is there a current document that describes exactly what happens on OSPF over NBMA(ie: down to the layer 2 and 3 addresses on each packet for each scenario)? I'm getting too much conflicting information. Thanks.
1. You are right. But the doc just asks you to use "neighbor" to identify neighbors, not priority for DR selection.
2. I think you've misunderstood. Pls re-read the passage.
3. Although I think searching RFC for these info is not that hard, I highly recommend you set up a testing environment with a few routers and observe what's really happening. That will surely clarify your confusion.
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...