Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

OSPF peering goes, but routed port is still up.

What could be a reason for this? I don't see anything from the logs that says the port had gone down. But the OSPF peering goes up and down.

Anything i should check? Traffic is not significant enough to cause hello packets to be dropped.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES
Purple

Re: OSPF peering goes, but routed port is still up.

Hi,

Is this happening intermittently or on a regular basis ?

Paresh

Happening intermittently. I had three occurences between 15 Apr - 19 Apr at no specific time interval nor was it occurring at a specific time of the day.

There was nothing at all to indicate the cause ofthe problem. So when it happened the third time at 3pm last wednesday, i just pulled out the whole module where those two interfaces were. Network is now running on the secondary module at the other 6500.

I will try to bring up the module back up again tonight, so let us see if a few days of rest will do her good.

so, did you debug it? and you can see the hellos without problem?

Please let us know,

vlad

Hi Friend,

Hello packets get priority enough in their packet that they will not drop till the time you have high congestion and buffers are overflowing.

I have seen this problem in my network once and the only solution was to shut and unshut the interfaces. I know there is no solid reason why but it happened with me once. Checked everything , reloaded the box, no congestion , no drops and no errors but still ospf was flapping and once the interface was shut and unshut ospf became stable.

Might be the interafce need some rest for few seconds ;) so try that and see if that helps.

Ankur

Views
Helpful
Replies