Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF Performance

Can anyone tell me how to set up my test lab to check the performance of ospf protocol. I have 3 routers in lab , I configured all ospf features on these. Now I want to test the performance, is it possible with 3 routers or could u tell me the minimum number of routers needed to test the performance of ospf.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

etamara
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I don´t know exactly what you mean, but there are some interesting MIBs which may help you measure your performance. Check the following link: http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/126/ospf_config_snmp.html. One of the most important problems for large networks running OSPF is the CPU and memory consumption ( show processes command ), but this is quite unlike to be an issue in your lab.

I hope this helps.

Enrique

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But I did not mean performance concerned to SNMP. Its something like performance testing. I want to simulate real time scenario in lab to test ospf performance. Can u help me in this.

drogell
Level 1
Level 1

I am still unclear as to what you want to accomplish, to see if ospf is working properly then you can do a mixture of debug and show commands.For instance you can do show ip ospf neighbor to see who your neighbor adjacency is, show ip ospf database wil show the link state data base for every area it is attached to. Here you can see the lsa's.

hth

ruwhite
Level 7
Level 7

Check out:

draft-manral-ospconv-intraarea

draft-manral-ospfconv-term

Russ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: