Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

ospf point-to-point

When I configured ospf point-to-point over Frame reply.I found center router announce routes it learned to all subinterfaces.the remote sites have the routes to other sites.Does it normal? if yes ,how can I do not to announce routes of center router to other sites?

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: ospf point-to-point

Yes its normal. Thats what routers do, they tell each other about the networks they can reach. However, there are several ways to stop it. One of the simplest would be route-maps applied to each interface that filter out all networks that should not be advertised. However, if the remotes have or are learning default routes that point to the central router you would need to set access-list filters on each interface if you really do not want traffic flowing between the remotes.

Thank you for your answer.Using policy routing and access-list,the router only can filter the packet throught interfaces.but on route tables of remote sites,they still have the routes to others.because the remote sites and center site exchange DBD.Using ospf ,on remoute sites ,Can I have any way only install routes that reach center sites to route table?

Bronze

yeah your write about the route-map. I think the only option you have is to put an inbound distribution list on the remote routers so the only adverts they will accept are the appropriate ones at the central site. You cannot stop the central site from sending them.

thank you,I will try it.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content