Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

OSPF redistribution

Hi,

In an OSPF configuration, is it improper to have "redistribute connected subnets" AND a "network x.x.x.x" statement for a locally attached subnet ?

I ask because:

In my backbone area, I am getting a type 3 LSA from my ABRs for a certain subnet in a regular area. I am also getting a type 5 external LSA for the same subnet from an ASBR in the same regular area. Is this because of the "redistribute connected subnets" ?

Tom

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: OSPF redistribution

You should not need a redistribute connected subnets if you have them covered by a network statement since they will automatically be included.

Re: OSPF redistribution

Hi,

In prior IOS releases LSA 5 is also produced by redistribute connected subnets when you even enable OSPF for the connected interfaces. But in the new releases LSA 5 is not produced by the router if the connected interface is enabled for OSPF. Even if they both occurs in the database , OSPF selection process always chooses intraarea over interarea over external E1 over external E2 types of routes. So there may be problem only in special configurations.

Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.