cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF unable to load full

ganeshp
Level 1
Level 1

My remote site are connected two Core site HQ1 and HQ2 using leased line. Routing protocol being used is OSPF running IP and IPX. All the while there was no issue. Now the remote site has move to a new building. Our service provider have redirect the link to new site. It were able to get connected to HQ1 only.

The other leased line is status and line protocol is up both site but not able to ping the HQ2 WAN port from the remote site. I'm able to ping my own WAN port which connected th HQ2. At HQ2 site they cannot ping their own port which connected to my remote site and my remote WAN port. When check the cdp neighbour i were able to see the HQ1 and HQ2 site .

And i also able to see the HQ1 site the ospf is fully load but the HQ2 becomes full and after sometime becomes down. The error message which came out is "too many retransmission". The service provider have tested their line few times and very confident there is no error on the link. How to solve this problem?

1 Reply 1

m.kumarc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Ganesh,

Did you change the Serial IP subnet. Can you make sure the there is no IP conflict on the serial link. (IP addresses fall in proper subnet or no same IP address is repeated on the other end of the link.) As long as the interface/line protocol stays up the IP lease line looks to be perfect..

Also Is there any change in the OSPF config of router? If so can we have the config pasted in here.

Thanks,

Manoj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: