cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PA-8T1IMA troubles

cbunnell
Level 1
Level 1

We're using an 8 port IMA PA on our 7206 to terminate 3 ATM T1's for VPDN service from SBC/ASI's VPOP program. One problem is that the various T's are "bouncing." That is being looked into and will hopefully not be our problem, but the result is that whenever a T goes down, it drops out of the IMA group (which of course is to be expected,) when it comes back up though, the IMA group FAILS to restore to the previous full BW (4.5MB's) that should be there. I then have to do some black magic to get the IMA to restore. I do shut's on the IMA int, and then separate shut's on the 3 ATM int's, wait 20 seconds for all the VPDN sessions to terminate and then I begin restoring the ATM T1 ints, and finally the ATM IMA int gets a no shut... This process restores the full BW (4.5MB's) for the IMA int and all is well again. Obviously this is a huge pita! Any suggestions?!?!?! Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

beng
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

There are couple things needs to be looked at, we need more info as of IOS, topology and configuration in order to determine possible issues. When you do shut/no shut on the IMA interface, the logical link ID changed in the IMA. This worth a TAC case to discuss further than a simple email.

I suggest you pen a case with our TAC.

Call our TAC 24x7 at 800-553-2447.

regards,

Bessie