Views
Helpful
Replies

Partial failure update!

hsaleh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I Used Netconfig Utility to update config on routers but when I the job finished I clicked on Job Browser> details and found that some devices have been updated but just partially. If however I telneted to the router directly and write the changes the router accept it. Any Idea? did I do something wrong?

Thanks,

Hani,

I run Ressource Manager Essential v 3.4

Netconfig v3.4

If you need more info let me know.

4 Replies 4

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

With Netconfig, the order of the commands is also important. It is really as if you type in the commands from the console.

Another possibilty is that you connect to a device using ISDN links. CW2000 has very short time-outs on telnet-attempts. Very often there is a timeout on the first job. It might be that this explains the failure. I think the product was not designed for this.

hsaleh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi again,

I am not sure if the problem is the isdn link because the devices that failed are on T1 line and here is an exemple of the failed device:

***CLI OUTPUT-

*** Devices Details for 10.4.2.1*** Transport --->Telnet

Device failed during update.

---->Update Result:failed

PARTIAL FAILURE

-CLI OUTPUT-

access-list 99 permit 10.1.1.0 0.0.0.255

router(config)

access-list 99 permit 10.2.1.0 0.0.0.255

router(config)

access-list 99 permit 10.3.1.0 0.0.0.255

router(config)

PARTIAL FAILURE

NOTE the next line is :

snmp-server community welcome RO 99

THIS ONE FAILED I DON T KNOW WHY?

Also among 700 devices only 80 partially failed the other have been updated successfully.

Thanks,

Hani,

NOTE the next line is :

snmp-server community welcome RO 99

THIS ONE FAILED I DON T KNOW WHY?

what error you get for above command?

Ive had the same problem when I try and do a large number of devices and use parralel-excecution. If you rerun the job with the partial failed devices it will take the second time. You can also break the large job into say, three identical jobs, and run them at different times.

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: