Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

lwk

Pass syslog messages to other applications

Hello,

Is it possible to have the syslog server in CW2000 LMS for NT, take syslog messages, use them for config management etc. and then pass it onto another application listening on another port ? I know this can be done with the SNMP trap listener but not sure how to do it with the SA

Thanks, Regards,

Lachlan

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Pass syslog messages to other applications

Are you trying use Remote Syslog Analyzer Collector with RME? If so, then http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000e/e_3_x/3_3/install/unix_sac.htm

lwk

Hello,

No, I've got two syslog daemons on the same server. The Ciscoworks one listens on the standard UDP port. The other one listens on the standard TCP port. What I want to do is pass the messages after CW2000 has rx'd them to the other daemon.

Regards,

Lachlan

To better understand what you want to do . . .

Why don't you just send the syslog messages to both locations concurrently? The SNMP trap listener simply forwards the trap to alternate locations, what's the deal with "listening on another port"? Is this a custom app to process syslog messages?

Good luck.

Steve

Views
Helpful
Replies