Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

PAssword problems with RTM

I installed RTM 1.2 but i try to login, so i write the username and password set during the installation but it i can´t login. Is there a way to make password recovery or something like that?

Thanks

5 REPLIES
Blue

Re: PAssword problems with RTM

- There's a password recovery procedure listed in:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/RTM/rtm_faq.shtml

- Also for passwords, make sure that the first character is NOT a number. Cannot be longer than 15 characters either. 'What are the password restrictions during RTM installation?' section in the above URL will give you more details. If your password does not match the above rules, then you may have to re-install RTM.

- RTM 1.2 is very old now and does not address many major issues. I'd suggest that you move to RTM 1.4 if possible.

I followed the procedure assuming the location is /Program FIles/nGenius/bin

But when i executed the file password_reset.sql, windows prompts me to choose the program to open thah file and the password isn´t reset

Blue

Then quickest way would be to just re-install RTM again and follow the password restrictions as listed in the previous URL.

I did just that and the error i get is: Couldn´t access the Netscout Server. Make sure is running.

I ckecked, and the nGenius Server is running. I also tried to restart the Server but it didn´t work.

Blue

This is a very common problem specifically with RTM 1.2 where even if the processes show as running, login fails. This has been fixed in RTM 1.4 SP4 patch on CCO which is not applicable to RTM 1.2. Either:

- Remove RTM completely again and clean up the left over folders manually to make sure that there nothing left over and then re-install again. Not a great solution, but worth trying.

- Upgrade to RTM 1.4

Views
Helpful
Replies