Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

passwords

Hi Guys,

I have a network of 2 sites connected by 2600 routers as VOICE gateways and Cat 3550/4506 switches in LAN segements.

I DONT HAVE ANY PASSWORDS(console/enable/vty) of 2600 router and switches.

1.Router 2600:

============

I like to follow this

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_password_recovery09186a0080094675.shtml

to recover enable password.I dont want to loose previous configuration.

Note: I dont have any backup of running configuration.

2.Switch 3350/4506:

=================

I would like to follow

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_password_recovery09186a0080094184.shtml

to get access to switch.

*** DOES 1 AND 2 WORK PERFECTLY WITH OUT LOOSING PREVIOUS STATRUP CONFIGURATIONS. ***

All kinds of quick HELP is highly appricated.

Thanks

Kishore.

2 REPLIES

Re: passwords

Hi Kishore,

The links are perfectly fine and will not loose the config. Actually in both the links what the trick is just skipping the current config and booting it up.

In switches you are changing the name and skipping the current config and in router changing the config register value will boot the router skipping the current config.

So you are good to go and will not loose the current config. But don't you have any NMS in your network which can take the auto config backup or any script which can take the backup?

If somehow you can take the backup without logging into the devices with some scripts or NMS software it will be preferred or else go ahead with the procedure and password recovery will be done without loosing the config.

HTH

Ankur

Re: passwords

Thanks Ankur, I do have NMS ( Cisco works ) .. I never use it before how to take backups from it.

Regards,

Kishore

Views
Helpful
Replies