Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

PAT on 831 Router

I use a Cisco 831 router in my home network. I got it mainly just to have a nice router and have a way to play with the Cisco IOS. Anyways I am no Cisco expert (yet!) and am having trouble figuring out how to do the proper PAT to allow games and other programs I use to pass through my router.

I can do simple PAT like configuring the router to send traffic with a certain destination port to a certain internal IP within my network. What I can't figure out is a way to configure the router to allow any traffic arriving on a port range (ie. 7777-7787) through to a certain IP in my network without doing individual commands for each. And even better I'd like to make it so I could have my router forward a port range to any of the computers within my network instead of just one specific IP. An example of why I would want this is if I want to have an online game running on 3 different machines that all require the same ports to be opened for them to run well.

So how could I go about configuring this? Thanks in advance for any help!

1 REPLY

Re: PAT on 831 Router

You need to configure PAT, and by forwarding ports to different machines I assume you are talking about port forwarding? Do you mean if certain ports are requested from the outside you want it to go to a specific IP on the inside etc.? From what it sounds like you just want all three workstations to be able to talk at the same time, PAT will do this for you.

Views
Helpful
Replies