Views
Helpful
Replies

Path Analysis and Loopback interfaces

ahintzsche
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am using CiscoWorks Campus Manager and could never got Path Analysis properly to work. When doing a trace to a device, where we have the device with its loopback in DNS, it couldn't resolve the device (although it does have it in Topology Services as reachable and knows what device type it is). However, when we do the trace from the device it can resolve it nicely (that means it knows its a 2620 and it can look past the device). Now i have changed DNS to use the Ethernet interfaces and it works fine. But this is not quite what I want. All our Loopback interfaces are configured with a 32 bit mask. Does that make a difference?

I'm just wondering if somebody else has/had the same problem and how you have resolved it.

Thanks

Anke

1 Reply 1

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

If you are using the Hosts file, ensure that there is an entry in the hosts file on the server, for the hostname of the device along with the IP addresses for the device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: