Views
Helpful
Replies

Pb with Cisco 2500

microtel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My Cisco 2511 is repately in reboot process and the following message appear in console:

Copyright (c) 1986-1997 by cisco Systems

System Bootstrap, Version 11.0(10c)XB1, PLATFORM SPECIFIC RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

and i can't do anything also for access to RMON

Please can u urgentely help me

4 Replies 4

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Microtel,

You can simply hit the break key when it is starts booting up and go to rommon mode. If break key does not work by anychance try ctrl + c while its start booting up,

Once it is in rommon mode you can check for the file in flash and can manually boot the router and set the boot path and config register value to 2102. If the problem persit it is mostly a problem with the file which you can then format the flash and xmodem the file and boot it manually and set the boot path and config register value.

HTH

Ankur

The router displays the message continiously, i can't do anything, i'can't access to the rommon mode!!!

Go Ahead and get the replacement for this box.If you are unable to access its rommon, then it has gone bad.

One thing you can try though, open the box and take the flash out and reseat it back again. Myself,Dunno about the flash on it :(. After the flash reset it should come on rommon.

regards,

-amit singh

Hi All,

Can you just try ctrl + break key or just a break key continuously it may go into rommon mode.

If at all it does not go into rommon then get it replaced or RMA from TAC.

Also you will not be able to take out the flash as it is not a modular router so you will not be able to open it and take the flash out.

HTH

Ankur