Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

PBR on catalyst 3550.

Hi,

I have a catalyst 3550-12G running ios 12.1(19)EA1c.

I tried to use pbr by activating it on a vlan interface. I did not receive any error messages, but when i do a show run, the command has disappeared. Did someone know whats the issue (a bug, not supported ?). For info, this is an EMI.

I hope someone can help me...

Regards,

Marc.

7 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Re: PBR on catalyst 3550.

Hello,

not sure what your route map looks like, but you might be using one of the unsupported CLI commands (which means commands that you will see when you do a ? but which do not work). Check out this link for a listing of unsupported route map commands:

Unsupported Route Map Commands

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps646/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800c9ff3.html#xtocid24

HTH,

Georg

Georg,

Thank you for your response, but apparently the link is pointing to the unsuported command for IOS 12.1(9)EA1. And i use 12.1(19)EA1c. I found the equivalent docs, but apparently, the route map statements are supported.

Here is the route map:

ip access-list extended RT_MAP

permit ip host 10.1.1.1 any

deny ip any any

!

!

route-map RT_MAP_PROXY permit 10

match ip address RT_MAP

set ip next-hop 10.2.2.1

Thank you for your help,

Marc.

VIP Purple

Hello,

stupid question maybe, but do you have ip routing enabled on your switch ?

Switch_3550(config)#ip routing

Regards,

Georg

Yes, routing is enabled.

Regards,

Marc.

Hi,

The standard SDM template needs to be changed to prefer routing. You can then issue PBR commands (sample below - requires reload but does not affect current configuration). You'll then have to reconfigure the PBR commands and save it. Unless you need to change the SDM policy again the switch will continue to function with the new SDM Routing policy across hard reboots etc. We haven't checked what happens upon a software image upgrade though.

More details here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps646/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007e71f.html#47446

Switch(config)# sdm prefer routing

Switch(config)# end

Switch # reload

Proceed with reload? [confirm]

Switch# show sdm prefer

Hi,

I tried to change the SDM template to routing, then i reboot.

But nothing change...i'm still not able to have this pbr working. I add the "ip policy..." entry under the vlan interface, but no-way, the command disappear.

Thanks,

Marc.

Hi,

Thank you for your help.

The right command to enter is "sdm prefer routing extended-match", then reboot. And then, ip policy command was succesfully added to the Vlan Interface.

Regards,

Marc.

Views
Helpful
Replies