Views
Helpful
Replies

PC In the same VLAN

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All!

i've a problem that confused me all Night.2 PCs in the same Vlan can't see each other but they can ping the PCs in another Vlan & the PCs in other Vlan can ping this 2 PCs.when i ping the PC1 From PC2 i received TimeOut.any body Faced Like this Problem..

10xs 4 ur reply

7 Replies 7

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Ali,

Can you specify the ip with subnet mask of the 2 machines which are in same vlan. Are they also on same switch or different switches?

If you give a brief topology of 2 machines which are in same vlan and cannot ping each other it will be easy to think of the issue.

Ankur

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Can you confirm whether these pcs belongs to same subnet also what about the ip address & default gateway configs on these PCs ?

are they having the same default gateway config ? again are they connected to same switch or in different switches ?

also have you checked the VLAN configured on the ports where these pcs are connected..accidently they mite be in different vlan ports which can prevent them communicating between them though they can speak to other pcs in other vlans (on which they are configured)..

regds

Kumar is right. Get those 2 ip config up and make sure on same vlan.

Also...check on the pc if there is any firewall configured..hope this helps.:D

Hi

Sure the 2 Pc in the same Vlan and The Vlan in the same switch that the 2 PCs been connected to it,no Firewall enabled on the 2 Pc.

Pc1 Ip:10.10.10.40

S:255.255.255.0

Gw:10.10.10.1

Pc2:10.10.10.51

10xs

Ali

Hi Ali,

Can you confrim if the 2 machines are on same switch or on different switches?

Ankur

Hi Ankur

yes on the same switch

10xs

Hi Ali,

Its very strange. Lets do this thing can you paste the config of the 2 ports on which they are connected.

Also which Operating System they are running?

Regards,

Ankur