Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

PCAnyWhere

PCAnywhere connection over T1 between two 1720 routers with 12.3(15a)IOS not working. Same two PC's locally are woring. I am just setting up these two routers for a new T1 connection and testing it in house over a T1 crossover cable. I am able to ping the PCAnywhere host from the PCAnywhere client and telnet to port 5631. Symantec suggest checking that SAP Packet filtering is not being used. How do I do that and is there anything else that could prevent it from working. What is frustrating is I have done this for other remote sites that are up and working with the same hardware.

Thanks, Ken

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: PCAnyWhere

Ken

The problem that you describe seems quite strange. If the two PCs locally connected work ok, then it verifies that the install of the PCAnywhere software is ok. When you connect them over the T1 and can ping it would seem to verify IP connectivity. I can think of a couple of things to look into:

- is it possible that either of the PCAnywhere machines has access restrictions configured that permit connectivity on local subnets but restrict connectivity from remote (or some specific remote) locations?

- when ping works and validates IP connectivity but certain applications do not work it is always good to look for the possibility of access lists which are filtering traffic.

- I have seen some applications fail to work because there were MTU issues. ping and things with smaller frames work but some applications that generate maximum size frames may have a problem. I am not sure why there might be MTU issues given what you have described, but it might be a possibility to look for.

It might be useful if you would post the config of both of the routers and perhaps the output of show interface and show cdp neighbor detail.

HTH

Rick

Re: PCAnyWhere

I found my own problem.

I was using my PCAnywhere on my pc and I have ISA Client that directs all public addresses to the ISA server. This new site that I am setting up T1 access uses the public ip network 150.50.0.0 for its internal network.

I had to get the sniffer out to show me my error.

Views
Helpful
Replies